María is a member of Preferred by Nature´s Climate Programme. She participates in developing and maintaining carbon projects validation and verification services. She is responsible for carbon accounting of the projects.
All of us are connected to forests and many aspects of our lives depend directly on the management of land resources. Knowing and supporting projects that make sense in the territory, using traditional wisdom and allowing local people to develop business practices that make a sustainable use of natural resources while respecting and enhancing biodiversity, is key to moving towards a hopeful future.
María participates in the development of Preferred by Nature services related to carbon projects validation and verification, supporting in the acquisition of relevant accreditation and approval, and acting as validation verification body for carbon projects. She evaluates the emission reductions provided in the projects.
María has over 10 years’ experience in carbon footprint management, environmental consulting and forestry planning and management, inventory design, data collection and analysis. She has developed her career in the field of carbon-offset projects, initiatives and programs of the Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sector under the most used standards such as VCS, CCB, ISO 14.064-2.
She has a MSc in Forestry Engineering by the Polytechnic University of Madrid (Spain).
María joined Preferred by Nature in 2023.
- AFOLU carbon project development (VCS, CCB, GS...)
- Forestry Management Planning
- Carbon footprint calculation, reduction and offsetting (Spanish registry, Huellacero, GHG Protocol, ISO 14064, ISO 14067)
- Validation and verification processes
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English, French
- Countries worked in: Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Indonesia, Senegal, Mali, Republic of Congo