We are committed to acting lawfully, ethically and with integrity. Our Anti-Corruption Policy establishes control to ensure our employees behave ethically and with integrity.
- Fraud: Dishonest, unethical or illegal acts.
- Corruption: Dishonest or fraudulent acts by those in power.
- Bribery: Offering, giving, or accepting money or gifts to influence a decision unlawfully. Examples include bribing for positive audit outcomes, influencing tenders, and more.
- Facilitation payments: Bribes to speed up routine government actions.
Objective and Scope
The purpose of this policy is to establish controls to ensure that all Preferred by Nature’s business is conducted in an ethical manner and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
We adopt a zero-tolerance stance towards bribery, corruption, and fraud. Any violation of this Policy may result in disciplinary measures, up to and including termination of the contract in appropriate circumstances. A contract shall be terminated if it is confirmed an individual or organisation is/has been involved in a clear case of unethical or dishonest behaviour which is in violation of this and/or other Preferred by Nature policies.
The policy applies to all Preferred by Nature employees and associates, including, but not limited to, contractors, committee members and board members.
- Bribery: All forms of bribery are prohibited, whether direct or through third parties. Suspected or actual cases shall be reported to the Preferred by Nature Quality Manager.
- Gifts and hospitality: Employees shall not accept or provide gifts or hospitality exceeding €50 in value per gift or €200 in value per event (€1,000 annual limit). Exceptions to these limits need written approval and registration.
- Facilitation payments: Employees shall not pay facilitation payments, unless there is a direct threat to the personal safety or security of an employee or their family in relation to official Preferred by Nature work. Any such payments shall be reported and registered.
- Donations and support: Preferred by Nature does not make political donations or contributions. Charitable donations shall be ethical, legal, and should be in line with our mission. All must be approved and publicly disclosed.
Reporting Actual or Suspected Violations
Employees that are offered a bribe or suspect unethical behaviour shall report it to their line manager, a member of the Management Team or a staff-appointed board member immediately according to the Whistleblower Policy.
Protection of Employees
Preferred by Nature is committed to ensuring employees are protected, and none will face retaliation as a result of refusing to engage in, or by reporting in good faith, any unethical behaviour.
Training and Awareness
Regular training sessions and workshops will be conducted to reinforce our commitment to anti-corruption. All employees and associates are expected to attend and stay updated on our policies.